After another very successful
event in 2017, Second Look have teamed up with the British Science Association
to bring another helping of photo fun.
The starting location this year is Millenniun Square in the heart of Bristol
What is a
Dont worry, there is no running involved! The event
is a day to challenge participants to think creatively, meet new people and
have some fun. Each entrant receives a disposable camera and a list of topics
to capture. The subjects have to be taken in the order which they are provided.
Only one picture may be taken to represent each topic.
All participants will need to arrive
at Millennium Square, Bristol BS1 5SZ on June 16th 2018 to collect their
cameras between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Cameras need to be returned to Starting
point by 5 p.m. If you have not been able to finish all topics, your completed
subjects will be shown in the subsequent exhibition, so please still return
Entry cost on the day is £15.00
which covers the cost of the camera with film, developing and printing images
and the exhibition at Hamilton House where ALL entries will be publicly
save £3.00 on the entry cost if you pre-register and pay now at the
reduced rate of £12.00
All the pictures produced on the
day will be displayed in a public exhibition, to be held from 12th July until
18th July 2018 at Hamilton House Gallery, Stokes Croft, Bristol.
- One picture to be taken for each topic
- Photographs must be taken in the order listed
- Exhibition space is only available for the first 18 pictures; any extra
will not be included in the exhibition.
- Pictures will all be displayed in landscape format so please bear this in
mind when shooting
- Children under 14 are recommended to be accompanied by a responsible adult
- Copyright of the images will remin property of the Photographer, however
'Second Look' reserve the right to use images for publicity without prior
- Please take approriate clothing for the prevailing weather conditions of
- Pre-paid places are non-refundable
- If taking pictures of children, please ask permission from parent/carer and
explain what the event is and where they can see the exhibition
- Second Look will take all responsable steps to ensure the safety and
wellbeing of Photomarathon participants, but entry and participation in the
Photomarathon is taken at your own risk